VBS this year was new for us... a new chuch, at night... and Ava was old enough to be in a class (not just nursery). Bryce was technically in nursery but they still played along with the theme which made him very happy! The theme was LEVEL UP, Winning in God's World (i.e., video games). For those who haven't been around Bryce in awhile, his new obsession is not Thomas, not Toy Story, but MARIO BROTHERS. The skits and church decor had LOTS of Mario and friends. The first night is family Kick Off so the kids played in bounce houses and got their face painted and ate yummy snacks. They had a dunk tank and some water slides.
Bryce even requested a flower on his face... FLOWER POWER.
I was disappointed that I didn't get many pictures throughout the week. I worked in crafts/missions so I was a little out of the loop except what was going on in my classroom.
![]()
The nursery was Mini Mii.
![]()
![]()
Ava was too shy to take pictures with the characters. They had spirit teams, she of course, was on the yellow team.
Her class in Missions. They made boo boo bunnies and collected money to buy nap mats for Invisible Children. A lot of kids worked to earn money to donate... we are still teaching Ava. She told me daddy earns money... so she could use that... oops! She is still talking about everything and seemed to learn a lot.