Saturday, August 9, 2008

Six...

is the number of times I've been to or from the Birmingham airport in a week.

On Wednesday the 30th of July, Brandon and I left for our "grown-up" vacation. We haven't really done this since before Ava was born (approx. 2.5 years).... but we left the kids in good hands and took advantage of some R&R. We flew into Las Vegas, spent a night at the Grand Canyon (stopping at the Hoover Dam) and then spent the rest of the weekend back in Sin City. It was our first time to either place. We went with our good friends Brandon and Kim Gossett. We enjoyed awesome restaurants, comic relief from Carrot Top, Cirque de Soleil Mystere, a little gambling (I did win $260 on a quarter slot), many laps on the lazy river, sleeping in, etc...



Mimi, her mom (Shannon's grandma), and Aunt Sandy came to stay with the kids. They didn't seem to miss us which was a good thing in the long run. Here are a few pictures of their fun! We greatly appreciate all of their help!!



So how'd we get to six trips... retrieving and returning the guests, to and from vegas, and then on Thursday the 8th, I went to Jacksonville for a quick 35 hour trip. My dad is retiring in December, and his office had a surprise dinner in his honor. It was nice to be there. Congratz Pop! We love you!!