Saturday, May 2, 2009

Daddy Daycare

Well, today I decided to take the kids to the Georgia Aquarium to give Mommy a well-deserved break. On the way there, Ava and I tried to teach "buddy boy" AKA Bryce how to say fish. His version was "ish", but I think he got the point. Bryce was in awe once we got to the aquarium and kept saying "whoa" when he saw the large whale shark and stingrays. Ava was excited all morning about going to see the sea otters and insisted on sitting on my shoulders once we got there so she could see all 6 sea otters in full view. So I balanced Ava on my shoulders and pushed Bryce in the stroller so he could watch them swim under water. After the sea otters, Ava saw a woman doing face paintings and decided she wanted to have a dolphin painted on her cheek. Much to my amazement, she actually sat still for 5 minutes while the lady painted a dolphin jumping out of the water on her face. Then Ava kept saying "Daddy take a picture of my dolphin" and posed for the camera. When we left the aquarium we decided to buy a sea otter to share as a souvenir of our fun morning. Ava decided to name the sea otter Bryce. We had a great morning, and we hope mommy did too.