I have recently heard there is a television show called Obsessed on A&E. I've never seen it, but I'm starting to believe my son might be the next star. Only kidding of course, but Bryce does have a pretty serious obsession with trains right now. I always heard about this from friends with sons, but Ava always played with so many different things, I didn't expect this with Bryce. We moved the kid's train table up to the hearth room on the main level, and he plays constantly. When he isn't pushing the trains around the track, he lines them up very methodical or just carries them around with him. When I say "them" it is usually 6 or 7 trains which is a lot to hold. He gets frustrated when he drops one. He eats with them in front of him, takes them in the car and in public, and he sleeps with them in his crib. When you say time to take a nap, he immediately grabs his trains off the table and heads for his room. I wouldn't think they were very comfortable to roll over onto... but...
When Ava was at school, I needed to run an errand at the mall. I had heard there was a train there that Bryce might enjoy. Sure enough it is a large multi car trackless train that rides through the mall. It was hilarious. Perfect idea for little ones like Bryce... I'm sure quite the money maker because it was not cheap to ride either. He of course loved it. The train just goes wherever it wants around kiosks and between shoppers. I have never seen anything like it (well I have at a carnival but not indoors).



You notice Bryce has his own trains with him on the shopping trip. Ava is also very fond of Thomas and friends these days. I thought it was going to be a short phase, that she just wanted to do what Bryce was doing, but the "phase" is still going strong. I'm not complaining. They are very entertained.