Thursday, September 24, 2009

100 Year Flood

I figured it would be good to update the blog for a couple of reasons. First, good friends and family have been so kind to check in on us when they have heard or seen on the news the flooding of our area. I wanted to let everyone know that we are fine. We were very fortunate.

Second, I like to use the blog as our record keeping, and this week has definitely set a record. From Friday to Monday, our area received over 20 inches of rainfall. The pictures tell the story.




The golf course has gotten very difficult as the entire green is now a water trap.
It was the duration that apparently did us in. Brandon left work about 2pm on Monday... he had to try many routes before finding one to our house that was open. Any road near a river, pond, creek or dam was basically underwater. Fortunately, for us personally, the rain stayed outside and we stayed inside. School was cancelled throughout the week as crews worked to open roads. Many were not as fortunate as us so I ask you to pray for those who were affected more severely by the rainfall. Some have lost their homes, power, cars, drinking water or loved ones. The forecast called for rain the rest of the week, but one answered prayer is that we haven't seen a drop since late Monday. It has allowed for a good bit of drying and draining.