The past two weekends have been a bit crazy. The kids have had a touch of a stomach bug, and work has been particularly hectic for Daddy. We've made plans and changed them a number of times. :( We randomly decided since we found ourselves with an unexpected weekend at home that we would let Bryce try out a big boy bed. He did great!
I think it was the second or third morning when I jumped out of the shower and heard this through the baby monitor.
"Bryce, get back in your bed right now." And she slammed the door. I couldn't help but crack up.
Being busted by Ava-mommy must have worked since he has yet to get back out of the bed. I still have no idea how she knew he was out of the bed, she's not suppose to go in there. Or how he got down. He can't quite get back up himself which makes her comment even more funny. We are considering a step stool but I am afraid it will encourage getting out. Overall I thought it would be a lot harder, but besides an occasional beating on the wall or playing with the curtains, he seems to really have taken to his new sleeping arrangements.
I guess this means our next project is to find another weekend at home to work on the big boy room. Now it is just a "truck bed" (as he calls it) in a room with the crib, changing table and rocking chair from his nursery. So far, I am not as sad as I thought we would be, but I also haven't taken down the crib yet.