Ava was not difficult to get out of bed on her first day of Kindergarten. Daddy was staying home this morning so we could all take her. We made a special breakfast of cinnamon rolls. I figured she might need a little energy boost aka sugar high. She was excited.
We did good and bad. I was worried that Brandon and/or I would get teary eyed, but in that respect, we did good. We knew she was in good hands, and we were happy for her. Now if I didn't know we had a long road before all the kids were in school, that might be a different story. The bad... you wonder... blogger me, photo addict, did horrible... taking pictures. I am going to blame it on the emotions of the day, but really don't know what was my excuse. Brandon took this with his iphone. I am thankful for that.
On the short drive... and then, I love to see her walking the halls... looks so big (yet so small).
In case you are wondering in her hands were candy pencil treats for the teachers. While the last five years have flown by, that day, was so slow for me. I looked at my watch more times than I can count wondering what she was doing right then. I offered to pick her up from school, but after our trial run the day before, she said she wanted to ride the bus home. Not sure why the picture is blurry, but here she is dashing off the bus. Even through the blurriness, I could see her smiling. She seemed to have a very good day. She loved playing on the blacktop at recess and was super excited to be randomly chose as the lineleader for the first week.