Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Gingerbread Houses

A Christmas can't come and go without decorating some sort of gingerbread structure.  The kids had been asking.  We made sure to squeeze it in.  It was tough because Ava had school until the Thursday before Christmas.  But Claire and baby Cole came over, and we got to work.  I love their faces in this picture.  Claire was quite proiud of the snowman beside her house.
 We went without milk cartons nor glue so it was a little tricky.  I even had a cool pinterest recipe to make nativity scenes, but we were basically lucky to get cubes... the angled roofs kept falling probably due to the weight of the candy on top.  But Bryce was happy because it meant he could add a chimney.  Everyone had a great time and got a good sugar high.  We love our sweet friends.


They were sweet to stay until Ava came home from school when she made her own gingerbread house, but of course, I somehow missed taking a picture of hers.  Oops!