
Ryan, Laura, Brandon and I were cheering with Coach O'Brien at this Pack 28-27 victory over UNC on Saturday. It was very exciting! Like with most rivalry upsets, a win like this makes up for a mediocre season. Special thanks to Nana and Poppy for entertaining the kids so we could go and for the tickets too!
And of course, since I couldn't convince Brandon to write this post, I get to say a little about the Tigers' performance on rivalry weekend. I was very pleased with the Iron Bowl, especially the first 58 minutes. Of course, I would have LOVED a win, but we played hard and definitely stayed competitive. Would have been a nervous wreck in the stadium so it was nice watching it on Poppy's big TV.
The humor of rivalry weekend comes a few days later. We are walking around Barnes and Noble...

Ava: Mommy, there's a game. (It's the University Monopoly games)
Mommy: Yeah but that one is Alabama, we don't like Alabama.
Ava: Is that why we had to get a new house??
Mommy: Not exactly.
Oops! I guess I need to be a little more specific whether I am talking about the University or the state. She doesn't miss a beat to my 3 year old. She knows we loved living in Birmingham and miss it dearly. And most of all, she knows we love the AUBURN TIGERS!
I guess next year we will work on understanding rivals.