Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trick or Treat, Smell my Feet


The rain stopped for a short while so after a warm dinner, we headed out for some soggy Trick-or-Treating with the Little Mermaid and the train conductor. The kids had a lot of fun. Although we practiced with both of them at home, I'm not sure I heard either of them say Trick-or-Treat at a neighbor's house. There were so many kids they usually just tagged along behind them holding out their bag. Bryce got pretty tired of the wagon between houses and walking up and down driveways (afterall it was past his normal bedtime). Daddy's back was breaking from holding him so I decided I would take him back and let Ava and Daddy live out the Trick-or-Treating experience. I had to bribe Bryce with a sucker (see picture below) to get him to "ride" home. Of course, just minutes after we got back, Ava and Daddy returned too. She said she was tired too and of course, missed her sidekick. Don't worry their bags were VERY heavy so we must have done alright. I wonder how many more years we are going to get away with giving away their candy after they go to bed.