We live in Georgia... snow is not suppose to change my weekend plans, but it did. I was suppose to fly out at 2:55pm to go to my sister's bachelorette party. Delta cancelled 1100 flights on Friday at Hartsfield. I got rebooked on a flight that was scheduled to leave at 8:55pm. The snow was coming down from about 1pm until about 5pm. It was the most snow I have ever seen in a short time period. Our house probably got 2-3 inches. But we decided to use the 4-wheel drive and head to the airport about 6pm. The 8:55 flight was delayed to 9:30, 10, and then 10:30pm. At 10:30 they decided they need to deice the plane. Of course I thought if they were doing that then surely the plane would take off that evening - eventually. Not. so. much. It was 11pm and we were scheduled to board any minute, and they cancelled my flight. I had to wake up Brandon to come pick me up... the ride home on the icy road and two road closures was a whole other adventure in itself. I was happy we were safe (even if it was 3am), but so sad to miss the fun in Florida. There are a few more showers to come, and we will have to do another "fling before the ring."
We did our best to enjoy being snowed in on Saturday. One snowman on Friday, two more snowman kids (otherwise known as Ava and Bryce) on Saturday, lots of snowball fights... When life gives you snow...





And when life gives you more snow... you take more pictures.