Saturday, July 10, 2010

The River Girl

Last week while at a mountain house in Boone with family, we met the River Girl.
























She probably looks familiar to some of you.  What can I say other than this girl loves the river.  She would have stayed in it all day everyday.  She never wanted to get cleaned up all week.

Ava:  Can I float down the river everyday?
Daddy:  Yes (assuming she meant everyday of our trip)
Ava:  Well I might need to move here so I can do that.

Okay so apparently she was quite serious about this.  She floated in a boat, in a tube, always asking to jump out and collect rocks.  I watched her teach Nana how to skip rocks like her Daddy taught her.  The River Girl is really good at skipping rocks.  She also fished and camped.  Yes, she and her cousin Cole, Nana and Poppy spent the night in sleeping bags on the porch.  She loved it.


As majority of river women do, she wore tattoos (Poppy had matching Disney ones).


She put on evening shows with sparklers.













She hung with Saloon girls.





















River Girl's brother was also a big fan of the river.  For 2.5 years old, his attention span was pretty good to float for hours on a tube (usually on someone's lap).

He loved finding rocks too.  His sister needs to teach him to skip them.  To keep him from throwing them, we took them home and they painted them.  They loved it.

His highlights also included lots of playground time.



















And an entertaining ride on the Tweetsie railroad.

He had a thing for the Saloon girls.  He knew he could impress them with his baseball bat guitar.

And who could leave out Toy Story 3.
Bryce:  No Poppy, share popcorn with my daddy.  This one is mine!!


It was a fun filled week.  We played, ate lots of yummy food, relaxed, played lots of corn hole, and enjoyed spending time with Nana and Poppy.  We wish the rest of the family could have stayed longer, but it was great seeing everyone for the holiday!

I guess I should mention Daddy practiced his latest hobby while we were there.  No, not corn hole although he did that a lot of too... fly fishing.  I think his final count was 38 fish for the week.  Not bad since he just got the pole right before the trip.

Until next time...