Friday, March 13, 2009

Ava's story continued...


Next week is Spring Break so today was Ava's last day at Little Lambs Play School. She had to say good-bye to Ms. Sue on Wednesday because she was going to be out-of-town today. They needed a substitute so who better than mommy. She is going to miss her friends from school and her wonderful teachers. They had made her a precious pillowcase that will help Ava remember each and every one of them.

It just so happens that they handed out the class pictures today. I had to scan it. Check out Ava's pose. Unfortunately, her classmates Kate and Braxton were missing from the picture.

We hit the road for Georgia straight from school. Saturday morning, Bryce wasn't feeling himself (as explained in the prior post, we know now why)... so what better day for a daddy-daughter day to the GA Aquarium. And a better opportunity for some daddy blogging.

Ava and I had a great time at the aquarium despite minutes after arriving Ava saying, "I want to go back to Daddy's work house". Once we got past that it was great. Ava was pretty impressed with the Beluga whales, but after briefly admiring them swim, she wanted to find Nemo. We did find a small tank with clown fish and she was more impressed with that than the enormous whale exhibit, go figure! We made several trips through the tunnel where you can watch the whale sharks swim over your head and ride on a "people mover" through the tunnel. Again, I think the highlight was different than I expected as she thought the "people mover" was awesome. We had a nice break and enjoyed a healthy snack of cool ranch doritos. Mommy says 'yuck!', but Ava was in heaven. We wrapped up the day buying some souvenirs of the fish we looked at all day, and Ava played with them the rest of the weekend. Despite not having "buddy boy" and Mommy we did have a great time as I always enjoy quality time with my girl!