We waited to do both kids' check-ups together in the well clinic. Yesterday we had Ava's 3 year appointment and Bryce's 15 month. All went well, I post the stats so I know I have it recorded.
Ava's Weight 33 pounds and 2 ounces (75th %ile)
Her Height 37 3/4 inches (60th %ile)
Bryce's Weight 28 pounds and 1 ounce (90th %ile)
His Height 31 3/4 inches (75th %ile)
His Head 19 cm (75th %ile)
At a 3 year appointment, they do a vision check. They hold up a card with a picture for the child to name the picture proving he/she can see it. Of course, Ava picks this moment to play the shy card. As far we know, she can see, but she won't answer. Bryce and I come out to try to help her. It cracked me up. They held up a card, Bryce would answer and then Ava would. Card after card, Bryce would answer then Ava. Hopefully this means both have decent vision.
Bryce's words didn't all make sense, but he would say something. He's a talker and so far doesn't seem very shy. Walking now that is another story. He says "tickle, tickle" all the time and usually wiggles his fingers to tickle anything or anyone in sight. He calls Gracie by name, and still usually follows her name with "no". He loves balls and calls them by name multiple times a day. When asked, he points to his nose, eyes, mouth, ears, hair and tummy. When you ask where something it is, he says "here it is." I thought it was too early for sentences, but many have heard him say this. It's like when we tell him to throw the ball and he does and he says "I did it." He also says juice, Ava, sister, book, dog, Dora... Today he started saying "yucky," it cracks me up when he brings me something saying "yucky." He loves to sing songs. When Ava sings, he will definitely sing "all through the town" on Wheels on the Bus and "Happy Birthday to you."
Ava is growing to look so old. She is learning to recognize her letters. She still loves school, but sadly Friday was her last day at Little Lambs. She corrects us all the time... kids are so perceptive at her age. She will play with any toy and watch any show. Her favorite toy is whatever Bryce is playing with or some cap for the shaving cream, tupperware, etc. She loves to do art projects and this includes using one of my make-up brushes to paint the raindrops on the car window. She's ready for spring because she's asks multiple times a day if she can play outside. She understands she is getting a new room in a new house. I'm not sure she understands that she is leaving one behind, but I don't blame her because she is not the only one in denial. She is usually pretty easy going and adaptable so I think she'll continue to be the fun loving girl wherever we live (at least until she's a teenager is what I hear/fear).
Here's some pictures of them... playing after church today.