This morning I got to go to my 2nd annual "Donuts with Dad" at Ava's preschool. We got to the school 30 minutes early and I received a wonderful tie that Ava made for me and colored for the special day. She also gave me a book with some interesting questions she had answered about me. Apparently I'm very skinny and tall and like to work a lot!! It was a very special morning, as I got to gain a glimpse into her world and watch her interact with the other kids in the class. Although we are kind of partial to glazed donuts with pink icing from Dunkin Donuts, the small powdered donuts were pretty good. The best part was getting to spend the morning with my girl and laugh and have fun together.
Over the weekend, I had the opportunity to have a wonderful date with my daughter and go to see a great Broadway show, Beauty and the Beast. Ava was very excited to go to the Fox Theatre, but more excited that they served popcorn. I didn't know if the show would keep her attention the entire duration, but she absolutely loved it. Unfortunately, we were not allowed to take pictures inside the theatre and even got reprimanded by one of the ushers for trying to get a picture. Being the sweet and thoughtful girl Ava is, she would not leave the show without getting a gift for her little brother. We found the perfect gift, a stuffed "Beast" doll. It was a big hit with Bryce and he enjoys running around the house roaring like the beast. All in all, a wonderful day with my sweet little girl!! I love that precious time one on one with her. Look forward to more Daddy-daughter dates in the future. Thank you Nana and Poppy for getting the tickets for Ava's birthday.