Ava's school had their Fall Festival tonight. Each class had decorated a scarecrow and a pumpkin. Ava couldn't wait to show off her contributions.
Fairy tale theme so they did humpty dumpty pumpkin. Here she is with one of her classmates Quinn as they posed for a picture for the yearbook.
The kids played carnival games, jumped in bounce houses, ate junk and had a great time... all was great until I asked if they wanted to go in the Haunted House. The kids said yes, but Daddy said that it was a bad idea. I had been selling tickets earlier to kids their age. They had a scary version and a not-so-scary version. Of course I was suggesting the not-so-scary one. Turns out the music and lights are the same for both and that was too much for Ava and Bryce. It was a bounce house in dark with scary music. Nothing to see or nothing jumps out but Ava never actually went in, she was hysterical. Bryce went through the bounce house maze mostly because once he was in, he didn't know he could turn back. I tried to catch him but he ran through it so fast, and I couldn't even catch him and I was running (as fast as a prego can run in a bounce house for kids). He wanted out ASAP. Bad idea mommy. I feared we would have many discussions and sleepless nights, but fortunately, they say they didn't like it but haven't hardly mentioned it since. Close call.