Thursday, November 17, 2011

The First Thanksgiving

No not really the first Thanksgiving but the first of mine.  Last year with the kids at the same school, I had one feast with both.  This year I had two.  First was Ava's.  The Kindergarden classes did a play.  Ava was an Indian woman.  I think this picture was one of her big lines, "Yum Yum."

After the play, we were invited for turkey lunch in none other than the cafeteria.  We made a big deal about Bryce's first lunch in the cafeteria, carrying the tray, etc.  He loved it, and Ava loved having her brother there.  Ironically, the kids didn't even eat turkey.  They chose chicken sandwiches, a banana and chocolate milk instead for their Thanksgiving feast.  I had the turkey, and they didn't miss much.

We got a class picture for the yearbook on our way back.  Great group of kids.