Monday, July 4, 2011

For the 3rd year in a row...

we headed to the NC mountains to celebrate Poppy's birthday and the 4th of July. Since I am behind, I will let the pictures do the talking. Brandon did some fishing, the kids lots of playing with their cousins, grandparents, aunt and uncles, and everyone floated down the river multiple times.


His cake was decorated with edible markers by all 4 grandchildren.
 
 
The kids love to skip rocks and even found a place to swim in the current.
This may or may not have been their only bath for the long weekend.
Nana made a very cool teepee for the kids to play (I think Ava was the only one to actually sleep in it... oh with Poppy).  Everyone (including adults) decorated it with fabric markers.
 Cole and Cora taught Ava and Bryce how to mine for gems.
Little modeling for Life is Good in downtown Blowing Rock
 The an annual favorite, the sparkler show starring...