The studio where Ava takes dance offers a couple summer camps. If you can't tell from the blog, we had a jammed packed summer. But fortunately found one week for Ava to attend a tumbling camp. Usually her weekly class and any prior camps have been more age specific; I really wasn't sure what to think when they said this camp was for ages 5-10. They broke them up a lot and taught age appropriate skills. She seemed to have a good time and was always excited for the next day. She was most excited for Friday, as they do a little Parent Watch performance (plus Nana was coming to watch so I am sure that added to the excitement as well). Her favorite part was the t-shirt she painted to wear for the occasssion. She is REALLY into crafts these days. She painted her name Ava Claire (but it goes bottom to top in case you are wondering).
Lots of backbends, trampoline fun and forward rolls.
I laughed but the little ones were often also used as props. Here the older girls for doing dive rolls over the younger ones.