Saturday, December 12, 2009

Letterman

So I not sure if I titled this letterman because Bryce LOVES the alphabet and that could be his nickname. Or because someone recently told me that he could be on Letterman... of course, they were kidding. A mom is allowed to brag every once in awhile, right? The comical part about Bryce being able to recognize the entire alphabet before he his 2nd birthday is that we didn't really teach it to him or at least didn't try to. He just started calling off letters from his carseat when we were parked in front of a store sign... or pointing to the computer keys or he loved reading the letters on the Walmart grocery cart handle (who knew it said THANK YOU). We really thought it was a fluke or lucky guess for awhile so we started to quiz him and sure enough, he knows Q,G,W, Z (although sometimes he calls the letter Z "zipper" - so cute)... all the hard ones. He knows all 26.

Here he is licking the ice cream in the "I" book. Genius I tell ya.


What else do I want to remember about 2-year old Bryce. He has been a healthy happy little boy. Being so close in age to his sister, I felt like he was flexible and good at jumping in the stroller and going with the flow. Some of this has changed in the last couple of months. He no longer likes and actually pitches some lovely fits if you want him to go in a stroller or shopping cart. Same with food, he used to eat almost anything but lately has decided veggies aren't really as good as they once were. Darn, I just knew he was going to be my healthy eater. He's okay but really just wants a few bites and wants to get down and play, typical boy. We just went to the 2-year appointment and I don't think him being what I am considering a picky eater... is affecting his stats.

Height 35.5 inches (75th - 90th %ile)
Weight 33 pounds and 4 ounces (90th - 97th %ile)
Head 50. 1 cm (75th - 90th %ile)

Here is a random picture from after church a few weeks ago. I think he looks precious and figure I need to enjoy the few pictures of him in smocked clothing (because I think I told Brandon I would stop putting him in it after age 2... is it really that time already? Maybe he forgot.)