Just kidding, Ava was of course four on her birthday last month, but we had yet to make it official on the growth chart. Silly mommy always waits for the (official - NOT) doctor height and weight and our appointment wasn't until one month after her real birthday. So here is the big girl putting up her butterfly sticker. The "official" doctor scale has her weighing 36.4 pounds (75th percentile) and at a height of 40 and 1/4 inches (50th to 75th percentile). Poor thing got 4 shots and she was not happy!! If the shots themselves weren't enough to put this mommy in tears, I almost really lost it when Bryce came over and tried to calm her down, patting her back, hugging her, saying "it's okay Ava." They really love each other so much. I think he was also trying to figure out how he managed to miss out this time.
Funniest four year old story so far was on her actual birthday, after her party... we were headed to rest time. She told Nana she was four now and didn't need a pull up while sleeping. Yes, mommy had been telling her that we were going to not wear one when she was four. I didn't really think it would be immediate on the actual birthday but we went with it soon after. She has done great. I am personally pretty amazed. I never really told her that she could get out of her bed. So since she was 18 months old and we moved her to a queen size bed she has never gotten out. I know we are spoiled. But we put a step stool and she now gets up to potty and then climbs back in. I am only praying Bryce's potty training efforts follow suit - so I'll keep dreaming.